Friday, July 01, 2005

Count Your Blessings

Generally, I am a law-abiding citizen. I buckle up. I pay taxes and don't cut corners. I know the mayor in my town. I take penalties on the golf course when no one is looking.

But tonight, I am a caveman. Blood tickles down my forearm, and a shin is scraped. My thumbnail is split. And a fire burns in the fire pit down the hill, though from here, I can't see it. I am breaking some law, but I needed to thrash around in the dark and haul the felled buckthorn to the fire. Sometimes a man just needs to be stupid.

At least I'm not president.

1 Comments:

Blogger bob said...

Ouch! Fighting the good fight against the insidious invasion of buckthorn. That stuff is nasty...and it's everywhere. What could be more efficient than spreading your seed via bird shit.

I feel your pain.

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home