Saturday, April 30, 2005

Victim's Rights, as Seen from the Right

Earlier this week, I wrote about Rush Limbaugh's twisting of the numbers to build his antitax case. Although his hypocrisy represents a target balloon of Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade proportions, one feature of a civil conversation is not to use someone's personal travails as an excuse to attack their ideas.

But when the someone has been so scornful of the rights he now claims, only a saint would not take aim. Over at Whiskey Bar, Rush to Judgment simply lays out the contradictions and contortions of Limbaugh's indignant scramble to avoid prosecution related to his acquisition of pain killers.

In his own words, via Whiskey Bar:

Now they need my medical records, my private medical records to find out if I've committed a crime called doctor shopping? . . . But the question is this: Why would any of us want such records made public, even if they prove our innocence? It's not up to me to prove my innocence by giving up my right to privacy.

Rush Limbaugh
Radio Show
December 22, 2003

I warned you about this ever-broadening interpretation of the so-called right to privacy. It’s not a ‘right’ specifically enumerated in the Constitution or Bill of Rights.

Rush Limbaugh
Rush Limbaugh.com
August 22nd, 2003

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home